Saturday, April 16, 2011

The new normal

During weeks of bed rest I would dream of life being normal again. A normal schedule, a normal life out of bed. I could go shopping and clean my house and make dinner and drive again.
Then the babies came. And I was ready to start back to 'normal'. However, even though my living room usually looks like an F5 tornado hit, I can't seem to put down the sweet baby that I am holding to clean it. And even though I am now free to drive anywhere I want, the car usually just sits in the driveway as I just soak it all in.

Because before I know it, these kids will not fit in a basket and will complain when they get smothered in kisses.

A shout out to my friend Amanda who did these photos. Check out her blog here. She's pretty darn good.

8 comments:

Merrilee said...

You are such a good mom. I knew you would be as I watched you play with your dolls when you were little. Now you have real baby dolls of your very own. And they are yummy! Thanks for sharing.

Chantz H. Davis said...

I love the pictures! I want you to post new ones everyday! Your babies are adorable! I want to hold them and met them in person!

Sherrod said...

Can't wait to meet them!!!!

Amber and Lincoln said...

Sooooo precious! I need to come by again soon! I wish life weren't so crazy! But I love you girl will see you soon!

Mamma Martin said...

They are such little miracles and you 2 are the sweetest parents!

Tina said...

Can hardly wait to see these two. Wil you all be at the reunion? I am banking on it, 'cause I want to hold those babies!

Bright Beginnings said...

Karen! They are GORGEOUS! I cannot believe that you have twins! Hope everything went well and sending you love from Utah!

Chelsee said...

They are truly beautiful babies!