Monday, October 10, 2011

FAQs

It seems that anywhere I go I get at least one of these questions. 

1. Do you ever get any sleep with 2 babies?
We have great little sleepers. Like 10 hours worth of great. Occasionally I have to go stick a binky back in a mouth but usually both babies sleep from about 8 to 6. I really believe that I can do anything during the day if I have a good nights sleep!

2.  Are your twins identical?
This one I have to be careful with. Here’s what I want to say: “They are until we take off their diapers!” or “No you ding dong, a boy and a girl cannot be identical.” Don’t make me get out my biology powerpoints. But usually I just say, “Nope. They are fraternal.”

3.       Do twins run in your family?
Actually they do. I have 3 cousins on my mom’s side with twins. The oldest are 3 years old. Mine are the youngest. And here’s a fact for you – twins only run on the girls side of the family. Not boys. Boys have nothing to do with it (if you want more details I have powerpoints on this too!)

4.       Do you ever get anything done?
Nope.

5.       What do you do if they are both hungry at the same time?
Well, I feed them!

6.       Do they share a room?
Yes. Both of their cribs are in the same room. They are so used to each other that they don’t really wake each other up.

7.       Do they play together?
Not really yet but I hope they become best friends. They do smile at each other. And Jace likes to attack Allie and take her binky out.

These two babies really are so different.
Jace likes to snuggle. Allie does not.
Allie takes shorter naps than Jace does.
Jace is sitting up and crawling.  Allie can roll but usually just stays stationary.
Allie talks in happy squeals (about 2 octives too high for me) and Jace is more of a grunter.

3 comments:

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Haha you're the best. This had me cracking up. And heaven knows I need to see all those powerpoints!!

Mamma Martin said...

I think I'll pass on the powerpoints but oh my I love these updates!

Rylee said...

loved this update! glad to see pics of those cute kiddos too! they adorable and HUGE!