Monday, March 16, 2009

This one's a bit deep


It’s spring break and I am in a good mood so I figure now would be a good time to blog. I have made multiple attempts in the last few days but I have been suffering from a wicked case of bloggers block. I have an entire week of freedom ahead of me, free from bells, meetings, teenagers, and white boards. Life is good. I think sometimes I forget how good. Today I dedicate my post to good things that I sometimes think of as not so good. I encourage you to do the same with your life.

I live in an apartment. You might be curious what I can say good about that. However, I have plenty to say. For example, what if one came home and found herself hydroplaning in the kitchen because the dishwasher broke and now the entire kitchen is flooded with dirty water? This could cause one to stress as well as spend lots of money. Not if you are in an apt…just call the office and they will send someone to come fix it all for free. Thanks David. Also, my porch gets cleaned off every Friday while I am at work and the bushes around my apartment are kept immaculate. Thanks Jose (just kidding I don’t know his name, but thanks anyway)

I am a teacher. I touch lives forever. Oh gag me. Here’s what is really good about it: I love that I get to decide what I am doing each day. No one bosses me around. I am in charge, I am in control (well, most of the time), and I have my own classroom. I like that. Can anyone say major type A personality?

I have a 1997 car. I never have to worry about it getting stolen. In fact, I dare someone to steal it. It’s reliable and good on gas. Oh, and I have no alarm going off in the middle of the night; I think that’s my favorite.

I hope that this spring break optimism doesn’t wear off anytime soon. Sometimes it’s hard to realize that even though life isn’t perfect it doesn’t mean that it’s bad. In fact, life is good!

5 comments:

Chantz H. Davis said...

I love reading your blog and seeing how you guys are doing. We should all be so 'optimistic'!!!

camirobson said...

Karen! I love your blogs. I need to create the Robson blog. I love your sense of humor when you write. I am so thankful to have you as a friend.

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Your dishwasher broke? That's an incredible large bummer. I forget that you're on spring break right now. I hope you're loving it.

Mamma Martin said...

Funny stuff, Karen!! And you are right, life IS good!!

Merrilee said...

I wish I had a Jose. I also love my classroom. And about that car.... as I recall I wrote the check. That was one of our better gifts to you! Thanks for promoting my 2009 camp theme...Life is good...can you tell? Mom