Friday, March 27, 2009

I am exhausted.

It has been pretty busy around these parts lately. I looked at Bryan tonight and said, "Do I know you? You look kind of familiar." I have had late nights with school, meetings, track meets, and volleyball games. I actually have not been home when it's light outside since Sunday. Bryan is working on some major projects at school and trying to squeeze in a bit of electrical work. To top off the week I unknowingly took a computer virus from home to my school computer (via jump drive). Oopsies! Like I have time for that!! Thanks to some really smart computer boys both are back on the mend and neither computer ended up being thrown out the window (I am very proud of myself).

I am looking forward to a restful summer. My goal for the summer is to be bored. One day of pure boredom, that's all I am asking for. The chances of that happening are pretty much 0 but wouldn't that be great? I am guessing that most don't know what boredom feels like. I will let you know if I ever get there. Don't hold your breath - I know I won't.


Byproduct of a busy week. 243 papers to grade. Is it summer yet?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Yikes- I know how you feel... I hardly see the hubby nemore.. work does that to you sometimes. Glad to see you are surviving at least :).

Race Davis said...

defenestration- to throw out of a window.

Chelsee said...

I guess I never really thought teacher had homework too! Good luck with a peaceful summer

Mamma Martin said...

Do you think defenestration is really a word!!?? Hope the week goes well for both of you!

Lacey said...

Indeed, defenestration is a word. It also means "a usually swift dismissal or expulsion (as from a political party or office)."
Be careful for what you wish for. You'll have your bored day and then wish you had something to do. It's a vicious cycle.

Kates said...

How does Race even know that word? He is crazy. Not seeing the hubby is no fun at all. I had 3 years of it while Tom was in Grad School. It is all worth it though! Good luck with that stack of papers. That is how my mother-in-laws kitchen table always looks. You teachers don't get paid enough!

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

That's a lot of papers. I don't envy you in the least. But I know you can do it!! And you can totally achieve your day or boredom!