Sunday, December 6, 2009

So maybe we were a little despirate

What do you do when you are making cookies and realize that your brown sugar has turned into a cinder block? You get out a hammer, beat that brick into small pieces, and use the flour sifter to separate out the big chunks. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. Anyone want some oatmeal cookies?

For the record everything was kept perfectly sanitary in the demolition process.
If you know of an easier process please don't tell me. I don't want to know.

8 comments:

Merrilee said...

You gotta make cookies more often to rotate that brown sugar, babe. Either that or borrow some from the neighbors and save the hammer for other demolition projects!

Mamma Martin said...

Actually...you can put a piece of bread or an apple slice in with the brown sugar and it will soften right up! Oops..you didn't want to know!!

camirobson said...

Humm, you could've called me and I would have gladly brought you some brown sugar. Very creative though. You guys crack me up. I bet the cookies were very yummy. :)

Rebecca said...

Whatever works. If you ever find that yeast actually works for you, let me know how. That's the puzzle I'm currently trying to solve.

Lacey said...

I bet that got Bryan more interested in cooking, huh? hahaha. Miss ya!! I wish we could see you before you leave.

Rylee said...

When that happened to me Uncle Gary was about to toss my HUGE bucket of brown sugar. I quickly dropped in half an apple and WALA... soft perfect brown sugar. He thought I was a genius!

Rylee said...

Not from Rylee... Aunt Lena.

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Oh that's happened to me. My mom recently informed me about putting a piece of bread in the container. Why does brown sugar have to be so difficult?!