Wednesday, February 24, 2010

There once was a man who lived with a slob

Things have been a little busy around here. Not complaining, just stating the obvious.  Apparently when I am busy certain things get neglected (ok, I am talking about my house -it is a DISASTER) I hadn’t realized how bad it was getting until I got a picture message from Bryan the other day. It was a picture he had on his phone of our room when it was freshly painted, dusted, organized, with the bed made and the pillows perfectly arranged. The caption he wrote said, “Remember when our room looked like this?” I was not offended; in fact I thought he brought up a good point. Late that night before we got into bed I had a mom moment and said “Ok, we both have to clean up 5 things before we can go to bed.” I started picking up some clothes but Bryan just stood there. I urged him to hurry up but he didn’t do anything. I looked around on the floor to find something of his to give him to put away…looking…looking. “What? You mean all this crap is mine?!?!” He just smiled. He does that a lot. Even though he lives with a busy slob. Even though the busy slob “lets” him do the laundry, vacuum, unload the dishwasher, and make dinner many nights of the week. Sheesh, this girl is one lucky slob.

5 comments:

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

It's amazing how similar our lives are! I think I always wanted to marry somebody like my brothers, and I sort of did, which means that Collin and Bryan are a lot a like, and as far as a dirty house goes..well I've never seen your house dirty but if it is this week, then you and I are a lot alike because mine is AWFUL!! Husbands are great...I stick with Grandpa's saying "a little dirt never hurt". :) Happy cleaning.

Chantz H. Davis said...

I can't imagine that your house was too bad. Bryan has always been our favorite by the way! :)

Tina said...

I only have one thing to say. If Bryan really does help with all those things, then you are one lucky girl. BUT, I'm pretty sure he's one lucky guy as well! My guess is that your messy house looks like mine on a good day!

Merrilee said...

Bryan, your mom should be proud. Karen, your mom.....loves you anyway! When the kids come along you will have someone to blame it on! I still blame things on Russ and he has been gone for 7 years!

camirobson said...

I bet your house is not bad. You've never been dirty. I laughed though when he wasn't helping and it was all your stuff on the floor. That's like our room. I tend to take a long time sometimes to put away my laundry. ;)