Sunday, March 7, 2010

So when does the work start?

2 years ago today I got married. I remember many people telling me that marriage is great but you have to really work at it. "It's hard work but worth it", "If you work at it everyday you will have a great marriage", "Whatever you do, keep working to have a better marriage". I was ready to work. I was determined and was fired up to work really hard at my marriage so that it would last forever. Did I miss something? Do they call this work? If so then I LOVE WORK! Maybe the trick is being married to your best friend. Or laughing everyday. Or texting during lunch. Or holding hands during church. Whatever it is I wouldn't call it work. I would call it blessed.

7 comments:

Rylee said...

Thats how I've always felt. I remember people saying, "the first year is the hardest. if you can make it through the first year you'll be ok." I remember thinking on our first anniversary, "that was the easiest year of my life!"
I loved this post, you are definitely blessed and SO IS BRYAN!

Chelsee said...

I felt the same way too, kind of like you are playing house! Happy anniversary!

Mamma Martin said...

Father Bob says; I remember well my two year anniversary. My thought was about my mission, ie:'wow, two years with the same companion!' I had never had more than a two week relationship, so two years was a major thing. 730 days. Congrats.

Chantz H. Davis said...

Great post Karen! You guys were definitely made for each other that is why it doesn't seem like work!

Mamma Martin said...

It must be true love!! You made this mother/mother-in-law cry.

Tina said...

Awesome!

camirobson said...

Happy Anny! I hope you guys had a great day. That two years flew by so quick!