Saturday, January 1, 2011

This human incubator would like to sleep in

If you have ever stayed at a hospital you know that things get up and running pretty early. Around here is no exception. I have no problem with getting up early in normal life, but in my current predicament, what's the point? Get up early and...read? Watch TV? Go back to sleep? Knit a baby hat (yes, it's my attempt to being crafty)? See my reasoning? I say let the human incubators sleep. All day if they want to. Here's what the morning is like around here.

6am- nurse shift change and medication time (not to mention the earlier waking up for more medication)
6:15am- someone comes in and loudly empties the trash (which we have learned to put right by the door)
6:45am- Nurse pokes her head in and sees that I am still sleeping
7am- breakfast comes in. They just set it on my table and I eat it later...usually cold but that's ok
7:30- the Tech comes in to take my vitals, if she's nice she tells me she will come back later to get my weight (lovely)
By 8 I have usually given up and turned on my light, which prompts the nurse to come in and check me out.
By 8:15 they are in my room cleaning and mopping as I am hooked up to multiple machines to see if I am having contractions.

Apparently I have created a little reputation because everyone says they save me for last since I 'sleep in'. Really? The other girls stuck in this joint get up early? Really? I just figure that I should enjoy it while the sleeping is still possible.

p.s. Happy New Year! I hope you all had fabulous celebrations! I, in fact, was sound asleep and loving it.

4 comments:

Mamma Martin said...

Oh I love reading your blog!!

Bitten Usagi said...

You're so much nicer than I would be if it were me, but I don't do mornings at all, haha. Guess I'm in trouble come May. Hopefully they start being a bit nicer and actually letting you sleep in because 8 am is not sleeping in... At all. *hugs*

Merrilee said...

Then there is the mother who comes in during the afternoon nap and wakes you up too! Sorry.

Tina said...

We are thinking of you and praying for you and those babies. This must be so hard, but it will be worth it. It's fun to read your blog and see how positive you are being. What a trooper! Hang in there! Love you all! A. Tina