Tuesday, February 1, 2011

47 days and counting

That's right. I have made it on strict bed rest for 47 days. Am I going crazy? Yes. Is there any end in sight? I don't know. What I do know is that there is only so much one can watch and read. There is only so much time in the day that one can rest and sleep. And I am pushing the limits. Big time.
But we are growing by the day. That's the goal. Bryan calls me 'big belly' and I'm not even offended cause I am. I have a hard time breathing. I can only lay on my right side without pain (due to the arrangement of little heads and feet), I eat like crazy and my entire body shakes when both babies have a dance party together which happens quite often.
The doctors have slowed down talk about steroid shots and new anti-labor drugs and have started making comments like, "You can stop the medications at 34 weeks" and "We will go in and take them at 38 weeks". Oh heaven help me if I make it to 38 weeks. XL T-shirts are already being filled out quite nicely around the midsection.
So for now that's the update. Supposedly there is a whole world going on outside of my house, I am going to have culture shock when I am finally free. I hope that you are all enjoying it...I will join in again some day.

5 comments:

Mamma Martin said...

What a trooper you are!! Bob says today makes 30 weeks in to your pregnancy, and tomorrow will be 7 weeks off your feet. We are so proud of you and your determination to do what has been required of you. "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it." We love you!!

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

"Bob says today makes 30 weeks into your pregnancy" is the best thing I've ever read! I love that he keeps such good track! You are a trooper indeed. We might need to kick up the Netflix notch a bit and start ordering you movies instead of the "Watch Instantly" ones because after a while the well runs dry!! Hang in there!

Tina said...

Way to go Karen! It will so be worth it in a few weeks!!! Love you guys!

camirobson said...

I am so happy I dont have to be scared by the skeleton man anymore. Haha. Yay, you are almost there! A few more weeks you will be holding those babies in your arms and then you will wish they were back in your tummy so you could sleep. Totally kidding. Babies will be so much better than sleep. I need to come visit so I can see your belly.

Chantz H. Davis said...

Good job Karen. Easy for me to say huh? I couldn't get comfy with one baby inside...... 2 has to be brutal.