Tuesday, March 8, 2011

3 years, 2 babies, 1 impatient mama-to-be


As of yesterday I have been married for 3 years. I was thinking a lot about how I am going to have to start sharing this man of mine with 2 little ones soon.  I am pretty sure he was made just for me, so hopefully I learn to share quickly because I have been spoiled for the last 3 years.

I am off of bed rest. The good: I am free, I am a bit happier,  I can get a few things done. The bad: my muscles are completely atrophied, I get winded walking from one end of the house to the other, I am so full of baby parts that I can barely move, I have pink eye and one of my pinky toenails is falling off.  Apparently I am falling apart. Literally. Hmm, maybe I need to go back and find more good… 

At the moment these babies would be eliminated from the olympics. They are totally juiced up on steroids. I think it would be cute to have them arm wrestle each other (stay tuned) so that is in the master plan if they ever come out! Technically I am due in 5 weeks. Well, twins are full term at 38 so 3 weeks. I have 10 pounds of baby shoved inside of me. All of you women who have big babies...I feel your pain. You have my respect.

So that's the update around these parts. And trust me, these parts are getting pretty round.

5 comments:

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Haha! The round parts comment killed me. At least you're a cute pregnant lady. And you should charge to watch the arm wrestle. I'd pay.

Chantz H. Davis said...

Glad you are up and around. Being banished to my bed seems quite nice to me somedays but I'm sure you are glad to be out of bed. Can't wait for the big day! Rylee is only having 1 but I am thinking it would be great if all 3 of them came on the same day!

Merrilee said...

We want photos! We want photos! Of you, round and glowing! I have a good one I can post if you won't!

Rylee said...

yes some women have 10 pound babies but its still just ONE baby. which means 2 arms and two legs. you have 4 arms, 4 legs, 2 heads, 2 bums, etc etc. so even if some women have 10 pound babies you still trump them! i'm due in two weeks with just one baby and i can't seem to stop complaining. you have MY respect. :)

Mamma Martin said...

I cannot wait for these babies to get here!! Happy day!! And BTW-- you look adorable!!