Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I am not a big new year's resolution kind of person. This year however, I asked Bryan to come up with some ideas for some resolutions for us as a couple. Everyone can improve their relationship, right? A few days later he shared his two ideas. Completely serious, he states these resolutions.

1. Give each other more back rubs.

2. Close the cereal bag better so it doesn't get stale.

I wasn't sure whether to be mad because he didn't take it seriously or flattered because he thinks that our biggest marital problem is stale cereal! I chose to be flattered. I am happy to report that this year the Martins will have good feeling backs and really fresh tasting cereal.

6 comments:

Kates said...

Karen! I am so glad you have a blog. This is Katie, Bryan's cousin. Send me an email at davika@hotmail.com and I will invite you to my blog. I am so glad you put pictures up of the new bedroom I have been dying to see it! I love Bryan's new years resolutions. That so sounds like Bryan and I don't even know him that well. You guys are so cute.

Mamma Martin said...

I think the same two resolutions will work at this house!! I hope we are all successful.

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Why am I not surprised?! Haha

Chantz H. Davis said...

Both of those sounds "bryanish" and also not a bad idea for the rest of us! Glad you have a blog. I will be peeking in!!!

Chelsee said...

Yay I am glad you have a blog. I love the resolutions. I would choose to be flattered too.

Chelsee said...

ps
my blog is www.chelseenicoll.blogspot.com