Saturday, January 17, 2009

This week: awful start, awesome end

This week has been interesting. It started out horrible and ended great. I guess you really do need the bad to appreciate the good. Let's do the horrible first.

At the beginning of this week:
-I was sick, curled on the couch for 4 days (like lose 10 pounds worth of sick)
-diagnosed with the worst step my doctor has ever seen (he brought in all the other doctors and nurses to show them my "huge, nasty tonsils" - good thing I didn't mind)
-2 shots- one in the bum- ouch
-2 days worth of a sub at school - this is brutal - we all went to high school and know what happens when a sub is there...enough said!

At the end of this week:
-I am on my way to a full recovery- my throat doesn't hurt, I am not dizzy or feverish and I only have 8 days left on meds
-my students were excellent for the sub- not sure what happened- my classroom didn't look like a bomb blew up and I got many compliments from the subs about my classroom management- woohoo
-best one: I am an aunt again! Russ and Jodie (my bro and sis-in-law) had baby #3 on Thursday. Welcome to the family Brynlee!!

Mackenzie (my niece), Brynlee and me


Cute 2 day old Brynlee


We think these belong on some baby calendar!!


5 comments:

Lacey said...

What can we say? We Kupfers make cute babies. (Maybe I should say that we Kupfers make and will make cute babies.)
You look really skinny Karen (at least your face does, because I can't see the rest of you)
Hope you are feeling better. You are so lucky to still be there with the family and kids.
Love ya!

Kates said...

Shots in the bum are the worst. One time I got one of those when I was little and Aunt Tonna brought me the biggest sucker ever to make me feel better. I can still remember it. It was awesome. Cute baby! She should be on calenders!

Merrilee said...

Right in the middle of her nasty sickness, Karen and Bryan gave awesome talks in Sacrament meeting. Karen pulled it off but had to go home and wring her dress out. Those fevers will get the best of you! Yes, that baby is a keeper. Good genes I suppose. From, the modest and proud Grandma.

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

You do look skinnier!! You were already skinny enough sweet mercy! The baby is cute!!

Rebecca said...

That's awful Karen! I'm glad you survived. And I do know what 2 days of a sub looked like. You must have some good classes, because I don't care how good my classroom management is - it still would have looked like a bomb went off. But, then again, I do elementary.:) Tell Jodie congrats for me. That's exciting - she's a cute little thing. I can't believe how old MacKenzie is looking.