Sunday, April 19, 2009

Help solve the mystery!

Yesterday when I went running I came across a yellow sign right beside the sidewalk in a yard with black lettering that said “I like fries”. Huh, interesting. About 6 or 7 houses down there was a similar sign that said “That is why”. This got me interested. They were very professional looking signs. I picked up my pace and looked for the next sign. How fun! It was like someone was speaking right to me! I am sad to report that there were no more signs. What does this mean? I like fries – That is why. Or is it That is why – I like fries (if I was going the other way down the street)? It is really bugging me. I have been through every possibility; is it a prom ask/answer? Advertising something? Maybe it’s a gang thing that I don’t know about.

Sidenote: this reminds me of a story. The other day I saw that someone drew a picture on one of my tables at school. As it was getting cleaned up I asked if the drawing was some sort of gang sign. My students laughed at me and one replied, “No Mrs. Martin, that is just a drawing of an octopus.” Hey, last week someone tagged the boys bathroom with Mexican gang signs in a purple sparkle pen. You never know! (just trying to keep myself up to date!)

If anyone has any insights I would love to hear them. It is bugging me!!!

4 comments:

Lacey said...

Were they facing a certain direction? Around any businesses or restaurants?
If I had to guess (without answers to the previous questions), I'd say that it is supposed to be "That's why I like fries."
How odd!
You always see strange things like that. I run along the stream in town separate from any road, so I don't see any weird things.

Sarah said...

That is wierd...it reminds me of the highway signs through payson to showlow... they tell a story.

camirobson said...

Follow the signs...maybe you will get some free fries. I love your posts. They make me laugh. We need to get together soon. I still need some blog training. We should go on a double date or something sometime, or I will make you guys dinner here and then you can help me with my blog. Miss you!

Race Davis said...

karen; DO NOT follow the signs! this is a trap, i've seen this before. thye are trying to lure you downtown with promises of free fries and soft kittens, but once they have you in their clutches....BAM! they will enlist you in the french foreign legion. its not worth it.