Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pick on someone your own size


I have been optimistic. I have tried to be understanding. I have had sympathy and patience with this whole bad economy situation. I am done. I am now officially mad. I am no longer happy that I will get a smokin’ deal on a house (stay tuned) nor am I happy that I can find great sales because people aren’t buying the way that they did a year ago. I would gladly give those up if the economy would stop picking on the people who don’t deserve it. I am talking about the people who bought a reasonable house within their means because they had a stable job. I am talking about the people who don’t have the average credit card debt of $10,000 (YIKES!) because they figured out how to say, “We can’t afford it”. I am talking about the teachers who survived the huge budget cuts (like me, barely) who next year will have even bigger classes, pretty much no money in the supply budget, and no substitutes. I am talking about the small family owned businesses. I have an idea; let’s tell the economy to pick on the ones who created the problem. The ones who bought a house that had mortgage payments they never could dream of affording. The ones who want everything now and just put the bill on their credit card. The ones who saw the real estate “bubble” forming and knew the future (because they saw this coming) and didn’t do anything about it. How about the ones that can run to Uncle Sam because they have the means and the clout to get what they want? They take the tax money and seem to run their company deeper into the ground. Yep, they are the ones that deserve to be picked on. That’s right economy, pick on someone your own size. Stop punishing the people who did nothing to contribute to this awful situation. Stop killing the American dream. Don’t you dare take that away. Don’t you dare let the people at fault get off free and don’t you dare start picking on my family.


6 comments:

Sarah said...

AMEN!

Mamma Martin said...

Karen, This seriously needs to be forwarded to our senators and representatives. Well written!! Are you sure you are not an English teacher?!!

Chantz H. Davis said...

You should definitly send this to Washington! Very well said!!!

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Man...Sherrod and Sarah stole my amen.

Merrilee said...

Thanks for saying what I was thinking I wanted to say but didn't have time to! You are right on the money, Karen. I am proud to have you as my outspoken daughter. More of us should follow your example. Mom

Tina said...

Amen, brotha! Send this to the editorial section of the good old Arizona Republic. Let's place bets on if they publish it or not! Well, said!!!