Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Change

For some reason I have a hard time with change...even if it is good change. That creates a problem when it seems that everything is changing.

Change in location.
We bought a house. Weird. I don't feel like I am grown-up enough to own a house (maybe I will be in 30 years when we actually own it, hehe). I was so sad when we moved out of the apartment; the same apartment that literally made me crazy because it was so tiny.(?) We are now in a house and I feel like I am constantly "playing house". I would post pictures but I haven't taken any, in fact, I don't even know where my camera is in this mess. My favorite part about the house? the garage. Now Bryan can put all of his tools in there and I can reclaim the closets.

Change in job. Bryan got a smokin' internship with the city of Mesa Engineering Department. That is something to brag about considering the economy and lack of engineering internships. I wish he was home more but it pays a little and helps a lot with a future job because it is what he wants to do when he graduates. He comes home everyday and gives me an update of all the city construction projects. Kinda fun to know what is going on.

Change can be good...it just takes some time to get used to it.

5 comments:

Janis said...

I am so excited for the 2 of you!! Change is hard sometimes but most of the time it comes when we start to get in out comfort zone and the Lord knows we need a little something different. Post pictures when you find your camera see you soon

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

I agree with Jan. Pictures are a must! But so is getting settled. I'm so happy for you guys. Change does stink but it'll get better when you settle into the newness. Yay for having a house!!!

Kates said...

I love it that you bought a house! Perfect timing considering the prices :) I want pictures too! And why to go Bryan on the job. There is nothing that kid can't do!

Chelsee said...

Good job Bryan!! I want to see pictures too, find that camera!

Sarah said...

Yay for Brew and the new J-O-B... We are so stoked for you guys... The house too!!! We need your new address!!!