Wednesday, July 1, 2009

But I wanted surgery too

My sister Lacey came to Mesa for a vacation and her appendix exploded (talk about a horrible vacation). She has been in the hospital recovering from the surgery for about a week. A teacher that I teach with got a new femur, knee, and partial tibia yesterday. She had bone cancer a few years ago and her bones were not healthy due to all the radiation.

However, no surgery for me. I have multiple dents in my cartilage and humerus bone. My labrum (cartilage kinda like the meniscus in the knee but it's in the shoulder) is torn and frayed. The doctor wants to see how it reacts to physical therapy before he will go in and fix it. I am bummed. I want him to go in and snip it, clip it, shave it, tighten it, stitch it, whatever just FIX IT! So please Mr. or Mrs. Therapist I need a miracle worker.

3 comments:

Mamma Martin said...

I think you need to talk to Brandon Webb--he has labrum problems. First time I ever heard of labrum and now it's in the family! Funny word! I hope Lacey is doing well! Been there-done that! It is no fun. Labrum sounds fun--bet it's not!!!

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Bummer...I would have visited you in your surgerous state.

Merrilee said...

I need a little break before I can do another daughter surgery! Thank you.