Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Say it ain't so

This morning I went to Walmart. And cried. Yes that was me in the shampoo isle silently wiping away tears as they were running down my face. Why? They have replaced the 4th of July seasonal stuff with school supplies. School supplies!! Where has summer gone? In less than a month school will be in full swing. I will be again putting in 14 hour days with teaching and football and volleyball games. I will be making seating charts, grading papers, breaking up fights in the bathroom, and taping ankles. I am not complaining. I love my job and am very lucky to be able to take the summers off. The problem is that I love summer more. So brace yourself when you go shopping. Some will celebrate when they see the school stuff (all the mothers out there), some will not even notice, and some will totally lose it (like me).

Just a hint: a big chocolate candy bar will make it feel a little better!

6 comments:

Mamma Martin said...

Chocolate will make ANYTHING better!! I was in the big store of Alco yesterday and noticed the same thing--they were putting out school supplies. Try to enjoy the rest of your summer!!

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

School supplies blow.

Sarah said...

I already started school...booo... 2 days ago... right there with ya sista!

Merrilee said...

Do you think we should put add this to the back to school supply list? *One Large Chocolate Candy Bar to Calm the Teacher

Martin Messages said...

School!!! YEAH!! No Dorothy and Larry fighting all day long. Hmmm. sounds good to me. Chocolate doesn't make that feel better but it does give me second to enjoy something good.

Rebecca said...

I am going to be avoiding Walmart like the plague now (as if I didn't already). Thanks for the heads up. And as for your shoulder - I'm sorry. I think you should just inform them you don't have time to see if physical therapy works. Summer is really the ONLY time to get surgery for a teacher. Any other time simply won't work. They should take that into consideration....