Monday, May 4, 2009

If you give a mouse a cookie


Almost every time I go over to my parents' house I read a different little kids' book. My mom teaches kindergarten and often has a few books sitting on her desk. Some of my favorites are the If You Give a ______ a ______books. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. If You Give a Moose a Muffin. The book goes on to describe what happens because the mouse was given the cookie or the moose was given the muffin (like he wants milk to go with it). Well, I have thought of a few of these myself.


If you give a Martin a free weekend they will be in the car to Eagar before you know it.


If you give a Bryan a ton of homework over the weekend he will procrastinate and have to do it at 4 in the morning and while riding on the light rail to class.


If you give a bank an offer on a short sale house they will take forever to get back to you.


If you give a sophomore a pack of Smarties (for a review BINGO game) there will be at least one kid who will crush them up in the package and inhale/exhale the powder. There will also be a kid who will take out his ID card and act like it is a razor blade and sort the Smarties like they are drugs. There will also be a very mad teacher.


If you give a Karen a 3 week countdown for summer she will literally count the hours till she can float in a pool and work on her tan.


6 comments:

Kates said...

This post is awesome. I am glad summer is coming for you guys! I need to get those books for Mary-Kate she would love them!

Lacey said...

You're welcome for the editing tip. I do what I can. haha
See you soon!

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Haha that is killing me! It's so true about a free weekend and a trip to Eagar. I think the procrastinating homework is a Martin thing too. Loved the post. Got any pictures from the Eagar adventure?

Rebecca said...

Make that two of us counting down to summer. Except I have 1 exra week. The kids get wilder, attention spans get shorter, and patience runs low (for the teacher that is). However, in my case there will be no tan. With the advent of age and the spotting of a few wrinkles, I now opt for 50 SPF slathered on any given occassion (be it recess or walking outside). As a redhead, I am fairly sure I was never meant to have a tan. I defied nature, and now its punishing me. I curse all those days I spent in a tanning bed at BYU. Good times though.:)

Mamma Martin said...

When is your next free weekend??

Merrilee said...

If you give Karen a blog, she will become a very creative writer and make people laugh. If people laugh, they will live longer. If people live longer, they will probably need to read Karen's blog so they can remember why they haven't died yet.... Did that come out flattering?