Thursday, June 11, 2009

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times; it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness; it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity; it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness; it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair; we had everything before us, we had nothing before us; we were all going directly to Heaven, we were all going the other way."


Can anyone name the author? Charles Dickens. For some reason this quote (ok, just the first few parts) has been in my mind the last few days. I finally figured out that it’s because all of the randomness in my head has been taking on this famous opposite pattern. Don’t ask why. I have no idea.


Today I feel…


Educated because I am taking a constitution class and am learning the details of our divine government

Ignorant because the more I learn about stuff the more I realize how much I don’t know


Frustrated that my mind is always so strong and my body has a hard time keeping up

Encouraged that I can recover from injury


Worried about the future

Relieved that the house we want might actually be ours


Joyful that I still have a summer ahead of me

Sad that it is going to go by so fast


Grateful that I have such a great family

Self centered that I don’t tell them enough how great they really are


You are onto something good ol’ Charles. I guess the best of times can be the worst of times. Huh.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I have learned that life is just that- worst and best of times... If a situation is in the "worst" catagory- I know that the Lord has put it there for me to face- nd that is a blessing- so it makes it the best of times. Kind of dramatic sometimes, but worth it. Great to hear about the house! So fun for you guys!

Mamma Martin said...

I don't even know how to comment to this post! I think I am not a very deep thinker! I loved everything you said!