Sunday, August 23, 2009

Finally my turn

Imagine this. It’s the weekend. You just found out that your husband does not have tons of work to do on Saturday. He will be free all day. Even typing this gives me chills. It may not be for you, but this is a rare occurrence around these parts. I can not think of very many Saturdays where Bryan has not been at some run down, torn apart house doing electrical work by 7 in the morning. Don’t get me wrong we are grateful for the work but it is getting a bit obnoxious. What should we do together? I could hardly gather my thoughts! Sleep in? Shop? Run errands? Shop more? House stuff? Pay bills? Dinner with friends? The answer is yes. Yes to all of the above.

We went to some yard sales. Didn’t have much luck but I need to thank my mother-in-law for passing on the yard sale gene…that boy can spot a sign a mile away! (thanks Tonna!)

We did some back to school shopping. Bryan made a haul. I got nothing (depressing). This is the last back to school shopping for him!!! Woohoo!!! I am more excited than he is!

We ran errands…together…what a concept.

We went to my buddy Cami's birthday dinner. Yum.

And…(drum roll please) it was finally my turn to get some electrical work done. Bryan put in some can lights in our kitchen. I will take some credit too. I unwrapped them and handed the lights to him on the ladder.



I know, the tops of my cabinets are in desperate need of some decorating TLC. I will get there eventually. For now I am just enjoying a weekend where I get to see my husband...and trying not to get used to it.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

yay!!! We are in the same boat.. never see eachother on weekends- It is nice when you can spend time together that is for sure. LOVE the lights...Great job Brew. Cn't wait to see more!!!

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Yeah, I've never really thought about it, but when do you guys see each other? I'm glad you got to this weekend! And yes, the lights look great and they looked like the were handed to the electrician very well!

Chantz H. Davis said...

I love reading your posts! Very entertaining and comical! Running errands together - what a concept! Halarious!

Mamma Martin said...

I trained him to spot yard sales--his dad trained him to do electrical--hmmmm!! I guess both pay off!! Glad you had a great Saturday!!

Chelsee said...

The lights look great, I have had a lot of insulation in my hair from being the designated light hander-er. I want to see more pictures of your handi work

Kates said...

The kitchen looks great! I love it that Bryan can spot yard sale signs! Better luck next week. The yard sales will for sure be getting better as the weather cools down. Whooo Hooo!

camirobson said...

You guys are funny. I can relate to you though with having Bryan home for a day. That's how I feel with Randy. I appreciate you sacrificing some of that time to come to my b-day dinner. It was great to see you.