Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Clothes

Today I wore a skirt to school. No reason, just because. I also happened to get myself up in time to do my hair and it actually stayed down the entire day (usually it ends up in a pony by the end of 1st hour). The comments I got today made me feel like I usually dress and do my hair in a way that is sending me straight for a makeover on What Not To Wear. Here are a few comments along with my reaction to them, I hope you catch the sarcasm in my comments; it gets me through the day.

Student: Oh my gosh you are wearing a skirt!
Me: Yep

Student: It's about time you wore a skirt Mrs. Martin.
Me: I'd say. (sarcastically)

Student: I was wondering when you were going to wear a skirt.
Me: Why on earth do you pay attention to what your teachers wear?

Student: Are you going somewhere after school? Where are you going?
Student across the room: Mrs. Martin's going to a party! woowoo!
Different student across the room: I bet she's going clubbing!
Me: Oh yeah guys, I am going clubbing in my knee length jean skirt after school.

Although there are more, I don't think that I need to go on. I had no idea that students were watching what I was wearing! Actually I don't care. What I am wearing is the least of my worries when I have to grab the attention of a group of 37 fifteen year olds for 52 minutes 5 times a day Monday through Friday. If I can talk in it, walk in it, yell in it :), dance around in it, do a lab in it, grade in it, make a fool of myself in it, tell people to 'shut up' in it (that happened today, yikes), then I will wear it. If they notice my clothes then, hey, at least they looked up at me.

7 comments:

Merrilee said...

Girlfriend, you are stylin' in anything you wear. You have great taste in clothes and a body to go with it. Don't pay too much attention to a comment coming from a dude with a tatoo and a gage in his ear.

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Woah woah woah back up the horse. Mamma Kupfer knows the actual term for the big gigantic hole in the ear? Gage?! Really?! I am impressed! And it sounds to me like you've got some kids in your class with little crushes on you. Aren't you lucky!?

Chelsee said...

I think a picture of you in the skirt would be appropriate :)

Race Davis said...

I agree with your mom. It really doesn't matter what you wear because you always look great!!! But I seriosly love reading your posts! You make my day!

Race Davis said...

Okay, sorry that it looks like Race left these message. It is me Aunt Lena. I just updated his blog and who knew it would look like he has been reading your blog. Yikes! Sorry!

Mamma Martin said...

You should write a book!! Funny experiences--great stuff! We did have a great time--wish you could have stayed longer. If was fun to have you here!!

Martin Family said...

You are so entertaining! Thanks for the great laugh!

Camille