Saturday, October 3, 2009

Shopping

I am blessed to have a husband that will go shopping with me. I can’t decide if it’s because he is such a nice guy or if it’s because we are so busy that we rarely get to see each other and he wants to spend time with me. Maybe it’s both. Whatever the reason, we sure have learned a lot about each other within the walls of stores. Take today for example. We went to an awesome furniture store. I love this store. I hope that I still like it in 10 years because that’s how long it is going to take me to save up to buy something from there! The store is an old barn. Here was part of the conversation as we walked around:


K: I love this store. Look at that entertainment center! I love it.

B: This is a cool building. Look at the ceiling, the beams, wow. Look at this ceiling!

K: What do you think about the red color on this dresser?

B: They had to build so many supporting beams.

K: YOU ARE NOT EVEN LOOKING AT THE FURNITURE!!

B: WELL YOU ARE NOT EVEN LOOKING AT THE CEILING!!


At this point we just looked at each other and laughed. Hey, at least we were both happy looking at something.


The next store we went to was a decorating/crafty store. When we got back in the car Bryan said, “Wow, there were no other husbands in that store!” It’s true. How sweet that he would go with me. Before today I wonder when the last time was that a boy had been in there...


Other shopping observations: The speed of a man walking is directly proportional to what type of store you are in. Take the grocery store. Bryan insists on pushing the cart and for some reason feels the need to walk super slow behind me. He claims that he doesn’t know when I am going to turn and doesn’t want to be in the way. So I find something, pick it up, and have to wait for him to catch up to put it in the cart. I have even developed a little hand signal for him to hurry up (and I am sure an annoyed facial expression to go with it). The mall is the same way. However, if we got to a place like Home Depot I am honestly sprinting trying to catch up to him. Actually, I usually end up loosing him and have to search up and down the aisles. I pointed this out to him the other day and he just laughed.


I must say that I am looking forward to a lifetime of shopping adventures still ahead.

4 comments:

Mamma Martin said...

This is father bob, along with tonna and ashleE ( look! a capital letter!). Enjoyed your shopping story. Especially barn beams. There is something about barn beams. In ten years brew will probably own the store. Thanks for the update. Why did everything you wrote sound so familar to me? Just a coincidence I guess. Makes me want to pound my fist on the floor.

Chantz H. Davis said...

I am pretty sure that Bryan went shopping with you not because he likes shopping but because he wanted to spend time with you. The reason I say this is because I have been shopping with his parents.... actually with his mom... his dad sits in the car and naps while we shop. So I'm pretty sure he wanted to spend time with you!

Merrilee said...

I gotta remember to look up next time I go to the Potato Barn.

camirobson said...

You went to the Potato Barn and didn't even stop by to see us? How rude! :) I have never been in there, I drive by it all the time though. You guys are funny, at least Bryan follows you around the store. When I take Randy shopping he just goes right to the magizines to look at guns...Grrrr!