Saturday, May 9, 2009

Graduation

Today my mom graduated with her Master's degree from NAU. The fam went up to Flagstaff and cheered her on (well, mostly just cheered when they read her name). We are so proud. She is such an example to all of us. This brings the family total to (with my 2 parents and their 5 kids) 6 undergrad degrees and 4 master's degrees. Two of the five kids are not even out of high school yet! If you are doing the math, my dad has 2 bachelor's degrees. Add in the new-be spouses and we have 1 more bachelors, almost one more bachelors, and almost one more masters degree. Crazy...I am thinking that education was stressed in our home...to say the least. Here's some highlights from our adventure today.

I wanted to take a nice picture as we were waiting for the ceremony to start. Here is what I got instead.

After a stern talk with the goofy boys (Bryan and my brother Todd) we got this picture. Much better.

After the ceremony. Don't mind the big lumberjack in the back that looks like it is going to chop of our heads. Yikes.

4 comments:

Mamma Martin said...

May we be the first here to congratulate Merrilee!! What a woman! We hope this gets you lots more money and lots more respect from your kindergarteners!! Every group of kids need a "master". Way to go!!

Merrilee said...

Thanks Mama Martin. And thanks Karen for paving the way for the Kupfer girls. I hope the other two will follow. I'm also hoping the pay scale doesn't get frozen for next year! Not much else will change. I just spent the last hour making play dough for dinosaur fossils tomorrow. ...Changing the world one small lesson at a time!

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Way to go Mamma Kupfer!! And I love the pics Karen. I'm done with school! Let the party begin! Can you hurry up and finish please?!

Lacey said...

Yay for Mommy!!!
I've thought about a master's degree in English (in fact, it's on my list of things to do before I die--an upcoming post on my blog). But I don't know if I will. What a smart family!