Sunday, May 31, 2009

Week o' Camping

This week we camped. Oh boy did we camp. Bryan went with his Teachers Quorum all week and I went to girls camp. We had fun but are happy to be back to a real bed, plumbing, and electricity. Here are a few pictures of our adventure filled week.

Bryan's cute little tent. I took the nice one and he got the tiny one. :)

Don't you just love the hat?

The boy had a great time hiking, fishing, backpacking, and cooking on his new backpacking stove.

Now for a completely different camping experience: girls camp. There's nothing like it!

We rock climbed, rappelled, canoed, ate lots, sang, hiked, did crafts, served, laughed until it hurt, and built friendships.


I got home and realized that I took 0 pictures of myself. Maybe that's a good thing considering I had on no makeup and I didn't ever do my hair. It was GREAT!

I am so releaved that girls camp is over. I have taken for granted all of the work that goes into making it happen. Thanks to all of my YW leaders who helped make the great memories I have of camp when I was a teenager. I hope I have paid it forward!

6 comments:

Merrilee said...

That's my girl, carrying on the girl's camp tradidion! They say that YW camp is for the girls. While I totally agree, I might add that if it weren't completely fun for the leaders also they would never get anyone to return. Wonderfully spiritual things happen at YW camp that can happen nowhere else. (Like cracked ribs from playing broom hockey!) Wouldn't miss it for the world. See if you can beat my record of 27years and counting.

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

I remember that tent from all our years in scouts. Glad to see that its still getting use. lol

Chantz H. Davis said...

You are a trooper Karen. Have always hated girls camp and pretty much passed it on to my girls. If I am going to leave my kids for a week I am going to go with Gary, not with 40 girls I'm not related to. But thank goodness there are people like you because there is no use for people like me! You are a trooper!

Chelsee said...

I bet you guys make great youth leaders! And yes I love Bryan's hat :)

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

How fun! I'm glad you made it back