Monday, May 18, 2009

Just an Update

Excitement in the last week and a half.

-dislocated my shoulder. Last Thursday while playing city league volleyball I dove and landed wierd. It took me about 10 seconds to convince myself to move my arm and pop it back into place but I did it. Ouch. I am a lot sore and have been very creative on finding ways to function without having to put my arm up over my head.

-became a student again. That's right. Add Northland Pioneer College to my alma mater list of BYU and ASU. Go Golden Eagles! Never heard of the school? It's the double wide building just south of Safeway in Eagar. hehe. To be fair it's also in Show Low...main campus...not a double wide. AZ Department of Education says I have to take Arizona Constitution (because I teach biology, makes perfect sense) and Structured English Immersion and English as a Second Language Teaching Methods. Fun summer for me! Hopefully they will be realitively painless and at least they are online and cheap.

-snake dreams. Yes, random and scary. The last few nights I have been having multiple dreams about snakes attacking me. What does this mean? Naturally I googled it. Here's what it means:
To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream, signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you
So there you have it. Yikes, now I just have to figure out what is threatening me.
disclaimer: no I do not really believe in this dream junk but it is kind of interesting.

-3 days of school left! I can't believe I have completed my 2nd year of teaching. I have learned alot this year; my skin has become a little thicker; and I actually am not as burned out as I was last year at this time. Next year will be great, I will only be teaching biology which will be a lot easier because I have already taught it. No new classes.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

ok ouch with the arm thing... really ouch. Cool about school and the choice- looks like being a Martin is rubbing off- Going to school in Eagar. Scary dream. Is it the same one over and over? YAY for no more school!!!

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

I HATE snakes and snake dreams. Ewww. I'm always afraid one is going to pop up out of the toilet while I'm sitting there and nip me. And your shoulder came out of place? That's kind of a big deal. If it happened to me you know you'd know about it, just like the boils, so why didn't you share!? I could have brought you over cookies or something. And yes, we can party this summer, a lot, not the bad kind of party, the good Mormon girl kind where we yard sale, make crafts and watch chick flicks.

Race Davis said...

NPC holds the key to your future!


at least thats what the radio tells me.

maybe your 'snake dream' fear is of going to the Kayenta, Whiteriver, Winslow or Holbrook campus of NPC (which is also forever on my transcripts).

Merrilee said...

What Karen neglected to post about the last week was that she received a district Student Services Award for doing such a great job teaching the special ed kids in her regular education classes. This award is not given freely. To receive it as a second year teacher is exceptional. Karen spends hours trying to adapt, change, simplify etc. her lessons and assignments to meet their needs. Not an easy (and rarely rewarding) task. This Momma is proud. She has a DVD. I think she should post it. eh?

Mamma Martin said...

I want to see the DVD. Congratulations!!!! Way to go. Sorry about the shoulder, snake dreams and all other bad things. But---school is almost out, you have Bryan and you are enrolled at NPC. What else is there? Life is good!!!

Chelsee said...

I always love a good update, and this one involved an injury, NPC and snakes. WOW! good luck with your classes