Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My gratitude attitude

My sister-in-law is doing a cute thing on her blog. For the past few days she has been asking people what they are grateful for and then she posts their response. I apparently didn't make the cut and was not asked so here is my list, posted on my own blog. Don't worry Ashlee, I am not the type to get offended.

1. New running shoes. When I get new shoes I feel like I am running on a cloud for a week. Yep, pretty grateful for new shoes.

2. Digital grading books. I can’t even imagine having to calculate grades by hand. Thankfully I can just put the points in my grade book on my handy computer and it automatically figures out grades.

3. Debit cards. For some reason I get nervous writing checks (even though I have written MANY in my life). What if I do it wrong?

4. The people at work that bring yummy treats to share at lunch.

5. Advanced medicine and smart doctors. It’s amazing the healing, relief, peace, and hope that the medical field can provide. Things that were deemed impossible in the past are now, well, completely possible.

6. To be in charge of only the veggie tray at Thanksgiving. Thanks mom. I can totally handle that one. It’s gonna be the best veggie tray you have ever seen!

May we all enjoy being grateful!

6 comments:

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Aughruhaouhrliugigaylp....that was the sound of my heart being ripped out and throw on the ground and then salsa danced on. :) It just so happens I need another thankful list, so don't be surprised if a link to your blog suddenly appears within the next day or two! I wish I liked running shoes. New ones give me blisters. Maybe you need to help me pick them out.

Mamma Martin said...

And I'm grateful for you and Bryan!!

Chelsee said...

I am expecting a picture of this totally awesome veggie tray.

Kates said...

I was reading this sitting here thinking about last Thanksgiving and the funny thing Bryan did at the dinner table. That will seriously go down in history for me as one of the funniest things ever!

camirobson said...

ah man, I have the rolls this year for my assignment. I am nervous about it, I have never made rolls in my life. I guess if they don't turn out, its off to Red Lobster. :) I am thankful I have you in my life friend! Happy Thanksgiving.
P.s. I am going to drop by your parents house and partake of that lovely veggie tray. :)

Tina said...

Have you tried a Jiggler? I'm not kidding. If you want more info, just let me know. It helps Paul's RLS.