Monday, November 2, 2009

You are what you eat

I bet you have heard the saying ‘you are what you eat’. Let me assure you that it is true. Take for example the time when I sweated sweat that smelled like Cool Ranch Doritos a day after I ate them. Don’t believe me? Here’s the story.


I ate Cool Ranch Doritos yesterday. Mmm, boy were they good. I didn’t think that I ate a ton of them; in fact I was very proud of my self control. Well, today when I was working out I started to notice a not normal smell. What is that smell and why is it staying with me wherever I go? Yes, after some detective work I figured out that it was me. I also figured out the odd smell was in fact Cool Ranch Doritos smell. My sweat smelled like Doritos. I can’t decide if this is cool or disgusting (I am definitely leaning towards the disgusting). This does raise some interesting questions though.


Is this healthy?


Am I a freak or has it ever happened to anyone else?


Since sweat comes from blood, does my blood smell like Doritos right now? What about my tears? This has to be throwing off the pH of my body!


I recently bought a ton of pears and am eating them like crazy…if I smell really carefully will my sweat have a tint of pear smell to it?


Sorry if this was an over-share post but I am really concerned about this! Correct me if I am wrong but I don’t think the human body is supposed to have a cool ranch musk to it. Excuse me while I go detox…

9 comments:

Chelsee said...

Funny as always!
There is one important question.
Does Bryan like cool ranch doritos?
If he does you are in good shape! :)

Merrilee said...

I'm not sure why you care what your blood smells like! But, watch out for the garlic. It's worse, from what I understand.

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

When I eat Golden Puff cereal my tinkly smells like Golden Puffs. So does Sherrod's. He told me.

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

And by tinkly I mean tinkle.

Kates said...

Ok really way to much info Ash and Dub Dub. You guys kill me.

Chantz H. Davis said...

HaHa Karen. Maybe TFI but an interesting subject to think on. I eat lots of trailmix. Wonder if I smell like a blend of raisins/nuts/m*m's. Maybe that is why I am the most popular gal in the gym:)

camirobson said...

haha, if I was with you I would have wanted to eat your arm or something...I LOVE doritos! That's funny, when I eat esparagus I always smell it when I pee. Yeah, I am sure you didn't care to hear that, but yes I believe that we smell like what we eat. Pears would smell good, but they do have body spray for that instead of having to eat a lot of them to smell like one. :)

Lacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lacey said...

It's kinda like on the Magic School Bus episode when Arnold eats too much of one snack, and it turns his skin orange. Well, it was about skin color more than smell, but it seems like the same principle to me. haha